The on-going growth of Open Source has major advantages for the public sector. With a Government agenda to boost the competitive market for software products, many high-quality open technologies are now readily available to the public sector. Furthermore, with Open Source particularly valued for its inherent flexibility, quality operating platform and cost-benefit value, it is increasingly becoming recognised as a powerful tool within public sector IT projects.
This event will explore the growing opportunities and challenges of open solutions in a number of public sector facing environments to support its successful widespread adoption during the next few years.
Discussions on the day will include:
- Legacy ICT versus Open Source: Ensuring a Level Playing Field
- Creating Intelligent, Localised Systems Using Open Source
- Benefits Achieved from Migrating to Open Source
- Demystifying Security and Standards in Open Source
- The Latest Developments in Open Data in an Increasingly Virtualised Environment
- Open by Default – The Global Picture